Things to do, at Brookvale Cottage
Brookvale Cottage is in a peaceful rural location there are many wonderful attractions within easy reach, including beautiful beaches, coastal walks and the popular Mourne Mountains, which are a designated area of outstanding natural beauty.
There are a number of National Trust properties close by in addition to Forest Parks and Nature Reserves. Strangford Lough with its unspoilt coastline is also a perfect place to relax and unwind.
Belfast and Lisburn cities are easily accessible where you can experience some of Northern Ireland’s cultural highlights and history including the Titanic Centre.
There are many award-winning restaurants in the area and facilities for more casual dining where you can enjoy the fantastic food and craic!
Perfect location to explore some of the best attractions Northern Ireland has to offer…..
- Fishing is available in the nearby river
- Day tickets can be purchased for National Trust and Heritage properties
- Golf courses including the Royal County Down and Rockmount Golf Club
- Horse Riding: Mount Pleasent and St.Patricks Way Stables
- Cycling routes: cycleni.com
- Hiking and walking routes outdoorni.com and walkni.com
- Sailing and water sports clearsky-adventure.com
- Sandy beaches and coastal walks Tyrella Beach and Murlough Beach National Nature Reserve
- Forest Parks and Nature Reserves: Castlewellan Forest Park and Tollymore Forest Park; Castle Espie Wetland Centre and Delamont County Park
- Discover NI: providing a wide range of activity deatils including walking, watersports, golf, fishing etc.
- Discover local history at Montalto Estate
Brookvale cottage is located 3 miles from Saintfield, Ballynahinch and Crossgar. When entering Crossgar Village from the Belfast direction on the A7, turn right on to the B7 for Ballynahinch. Follow this for 3 miles.
Brookvale cottage is on your right-hand side next to stone bridge.
Address: 10a Vale Road, Crossgar, County Down, Northern Ireland, BT30 9JN